PAMWA logo merchandise is now available! Visit our CafePress store. Show your support for PAWMA with a shirt, bag, or beverage container, emblazoned with the PAWMA logo.
If you'd like to add or change a link to your school or dojo, send an email to email@example.com with your url. Please note that you need a connection with PAWMA in order to be listed here, such as the school's owner or instructor is a member, or several students at the school are members.
- Association of Women Martial Arts Instructors - Founded to empower advanced women martial artists via paths of learning, training, and ranking. AWMAI offers an annual conference for women martial artists who are or aspire to be martial arts instructors.
- National Women's Martial Arts Federation - An organization whose purpose is to share skills and resources, promote excellence in the martial arts, and encourage the widest range of women to train in the spirit of building individual and collective strength. NWMAF offers an annual training camp in the summer, generally held in an eastern or midwest U.S. state. Offers certification program for self-defense teachers.
- Sacramento Area Women's Martial Arts (SAWMA) - All female martial artists over the age of 16 with a basic knowledge of any martial art are welcome. The group is free to join and there is no cost to train.
British Columbia, Canada
- Aikido of Monterey, CA - Chief instructor Sensei Danielle Smith. Holds an annual 2-day weapons retreat in Big Sur, California.
- Dragon Fire Martial Arts - Sacramento, CA.
- Hand to Hand Kajukenbo Self Defense Center, Oakland, CA - Traditional martial arts training and self defense classes. Founded in 1980 by Professor Coleen Gragen.
- Hoa Sen Dojo (Cuong Nhu), Emeryville, CA - Cuong Nhu, an eclectic blend of seven martial arts, Karate, Judo, Aikido, Tai Chi, Vovinam, Wing Chun and American Boxing. Sensei Terri Giamartino.
- Janet Gee's Martial Arts Training - San Francisco, CA.
- Makoto Kai Dojo - Woodland, CA
- Okinawan Karate Club of San Francisco
- Seido Institute
- Sun Dragon Martial Arts
- Tuyet Tan Dojo of Cuong Nhu in Berkeley, CA
- Valerie Lee, Kung Fu and Taiji, San Francisco, CA
- Feminist Karate Union, Seattle WA - Active, independent, non-profit karate school for women and children, taught by women since 1971. Self-defense skills are integral to training. Chief Instructor, Sensei Aleeta Van Petten.
- Goju Ryu Karate-Do of Vancouver, Vancouver WA - Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-Do. Annual KICK-A-THON to raise funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Martial Arts in the Public Interest, Seattle, WA
- Pacific Integrated Martial Arts, Long Beach WA
- Seattle Kajukenbo & Kung Fu Kids - Sifu Melinda Johnson, Head Instructor, has more than 20 years experience teaching martial arts and gymnastics to children and adults.
- Seattle Martial Arts
- Seattle Si Lum Kung Fu - The Northern Shaolin (Sil Lum) style of kung fu emphasizes long range techniques, quick advances and retreats, wide stances, kicking and leaping techniques, whirling circular blocks, quickness, agility, and aggressive attacks.
- Seattle Wushu Center - Chief Instructor, Sifu Restita DeJesus. Classes in contemporary Wushu, Chen Tai Chi, Yang Tai Chi, Qigong, Kajukenbo-Wun Hop Kuen Do, and Doce Pares Eskrima. Free monthly Qigong and meditation practices (open to everyone from beginner to experienced), Free sport and martial bullwhip classes and free Fukiya-Do (blowgun) lessons. Home of the Seattle Snapdragons Bullwhip Artistry Group.
- Seven Star Women's Kung Fu, Seattle, WA
- Strategic Living, Seattle WA - Safety and self-defense training in the Puget Sound area.
- Wise Orchid Martial Arts - Viola Brumbaugh, Seattle, WA. Sifu Brumbaugh's specialties are Chen and Yang family Taijiquan, and Qigong, though she also has background in Wing Chun, Xing Yi, Lan Shou and Baqua. In addition to weekly classes, she offers private lessons, workshops and seminars throughout North America.
Buy from Fellow Members